Monday, April 13, 2009

Time For A Revamp

I’ve been neglecting EnvironMoto.com for far too long. It hasn’t been for lack of worthy topics or a creative drought by any means.

More than anything it has been a lack of time. My personal ethics won’t let me put something out there for the world to see unless it is work that I feel is informative and gives my readers a lot of value for their time. The ideas are there, but the time to compose a decent article that is half-way worthy of my excellent readership hasn’t been.

So, I’m going to try a little different approach. I’m not going to try to set the world electric motorcycle coverage on its ear. There are some fantastic blogs (like AutoblogGreen and Gizmag) and forums (like ElectricMotorcycleForum) that are doing an excellent job of scooping the latest test rides, innovations, and technology.

Instead I’m going to focus on the aspects of electric motorcycles that are my first true loves within motorcycling to begin with: Design and Racing.

For those who don’t know, I’m a former art student and terrible amateur artist. Additionally, I am a motorcycle track day whore and a rabid motorcycle roadracing fan. This is in addition to my background as a mechanic and my current career as a mechanical engineer.

So, expect to see shorter articles that will go into detail on racing like the upcoming TTXGP, and the racier EM’s coming along like the Mission One. I am a staunch believer in the ‘mainstreaming’ of electric motorcycles and improvements that make them more viable for the street rider and modern motorcycle enthusiast. A good deal of my articles will continue to ask for more from the manufacturers in making designs that look incredible and deliver on real world performance. I firmly believe that deign for racing and performance inherently trickles down to amazing street equipment.

I am making a commitment to update the blog weekly at the very least. This content will range from detailed design evaluation to small comments and links leading to the best EM news or information on the web. I also intend to improve the appearance of the blog and make some tweaks over time to create a slicker and easier to digest format. I hope that you will stay tuned to EnvironMoto.com “Version 2.0” and come back for more.

Thanks,
Chris

1 comment:

skadamo said...

Hey, I am John from ElectricMotorcycleForum.com. Thanks for the complement on the forum!

I am looking forward to your posts. I have not seen a thorough breakdown of the TTXGP teams and their riders yet. Mostly high level stuff. Might be something cool to dig into.

Thanks!